Friday, February 18, 2011

Wednesday - Cherokee Shopping & Blue Ridge Exploration

Only a half a year late I figured I'd fill in the last entry I wrote while in NC:

Wednesday rolled around and we were done riding with the pack. Slightly achey and just overall feeling lazy. We took a short ride into town to check out the shops of Cherokee. Which left me in turn slightly dismayed at the image of the natives reflected in the shops. I was so dissapointed, there was nothing in these shops filled with fleamarket finds; crappy jewlery from china, crappy everything. Everything I can find up here at the Raynham Taunton flea could be found at these shop.

I was looking for something authentic and cultural to Cherokee. Stepped in a store, looked around and stepped out. Felt as though it was a waste of time. Did the strip, headed over to the end of big cove road to the "fun spot" area. Checked a few shops there to find the same thing. Then lunch at the Indian Princess restaurant. Yuck! :-/ yeah it was a crappy start to a day. So we headed back to camp way way HOT, tired, and a bit grumpy to grab the truck for some air conditioning.

After picking up the truck, we decided to explore further down Big Cove Road.




~ Another Day, Another Adventure ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment